Keep Calm and Carry On
March 21-22, 2020
22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
1. What steps will you take to keep your eyes on Jesus during this season?
2. How will you keep walking towards Him and His purposes?
What ways might God be challenging you to "carry on" with all he's called you to?
Should you fast and seek Him more intentionally?
How can you still intentionally invest in important relationships in your life?
3. How will you help others keep their eyes and thoughts on Jesus?
Who can you encourage this week?
So, how do we “Keep Calm & Carry On” during this time?
Well, like Peter, whom Jesus called to follow Him in turbulent times, we need to:
1. Keep Our Eyes on Jesus – Our Thoughts Fixed on Him.
We do that by:
- Remembering what He’s done for us,
- Remembering His admonition to be at peace, and
- Remembering He will always be with us.
2. Keep Walking towards Jesus and His purposes for us - even in the midst of the storm?
Still pursuing His purposes for our lives as individuals and families.
3. Help Others Keep Their Eyes and Thoughts on Jesus
- Being Our Brother’s (or Sister’s) Keeper – We are all “the church” and we need to ask Holy Spirit to remind us to check in with others via text, email, calling etc.
- Looking to practically help those in our workplace, neighbourhood, or families who may need assistance at this time – being “Jesus with skin on” to them.
- Reaching out to reassure those in our extended family – particularly those who don’t know Jesus.
Spend some time in worship to God together. Whether in prayer, with instruments singing or with some of the songs we've provided. Go after Jesus and His heart for us in worship!
Some awesome kids resources to help you lead your kids during this season.
We'd love to pray for you during this season. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch.